Our Event Site provides information about the App Idea Awards Competition.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify a specific living person. Typical examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. Personal Information also includes information that is linked to your Personal Information for so long as it is so linked. “Other Information” is information that is not sufficient to identify a specific person.
The Event Site collects:
· The Personal Information that you provide.
· The Other Information that you provide, or that is automatically generated by your visit.
In Section 2, we describe the Personal Information that is collected by the Event Site, when it is collected and how it is used. In Section 3, we do the same for Other Information.
The Event Site is available only to individuals who are 13 years or older. The Event Site is not directed to children younger than 13 years old, and ROKO Labs does not knowingly collected Personal Information from children younger than 13 years old.
2. ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE EVENT SITE
a. The Personal Information We Collect.
We collect Personal Information through the Event Site when you:
· Request information about a product or service.
· Register for emails, newsletters or other communications.
· Contribute content to the Event Site (for example, when you post to a forum).
b. How We May Use Personal Information. We use Personal Information to do the following:
· Provide the services that you request when you use the Event Site.
· Send you updates and messages that you request.
· Send you administrative information, including information regarding the Event Site, and/or changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
· Personalize your experience on the Event Site by presenting content tailored to you.
· Allow you to send messages to a friend through the Event Site. By using such functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to provide us with your friend’s name and email address for this purpose, and that we are entitled to send your friend the requested message.
· For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, research, product development and enhancement, and product and service improvement.
· As we believe appropriate (a) to comply with applicable law and legal process, (b) to enforce our terms and conditions, (c) to protect our operations or those of our affiliates, (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or that of our affiliates, you or others, or (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain (these goals, collectively, the “Compliance Purposes”).
c. When We May Disclose Personal Information. Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
· To our third-party service providers who provide services such as hosting, data analysis, IT infrastructure, IT services, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide such services.
· To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages on or through the Event Site.
· By you, on or through the user forums available on the Event Site. The information and materials that you post or disclose on or through the user forums available on the Event Site will be viewable by others. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OR DISCLOSURE OF ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE ON OR THROUGH THE USER FORUMS.
· To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
· As we believe appropriate for Compliance Purposes (defined above).
3. ABOUT OTHER INFORMATION
a. The Other Information We Collect. Other Information includes:
· Browser and device information.
· Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
· Information about how you interact with and use the Event Site.
· Other aggregated information.
b. How We May Collect Other Information. We collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
· From your browser or device: Most browsers send standard information when you use the Internet. This information includes your device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
· That you volunteer: You may volunteer demographic information, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user.
· Through activity reports: Information about how you interact with the Event Site is collected in your visits, and is used to determine usage levels, diagnose server problems, and operate and maintain the Event Site.
· By aggregating information: We may aggregate information collected from the Event Site. Aggregated information will not include information that personally identifies you or any other user of the Event Site.
c. How We May Use and Disclose Other Information. We may use and disclose Other Information (by definition, non-personally identifiable) for any purpose permitted by applicable law. If we are required to treat any element of Other Information as Personal Information, then we may only use that information as described in the “Personal Information” section above. If we combine Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
For clarity, Other Information collected from Event Site visitors is non-personally identifiable and cannot be linked to Personal Information, except in the case where the Event Site visitor provides Personal Information to the Event Site (e.g., in a request for information). By contrast, the Other Information collected from Platform users is, in many cases, linked to Personal Information through the user log-in, and would be Personal Information.
4. ABOUT DATA SECURITY
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
5. YOUR CHOICES
a. Your choices regarding messages from us. We give you choices regarding the messages that you receive from us.
· Newsletters and alerts. If you have signed up to receive newsletters or alerts from us, you can unsubscribe to a newsletter or alert, or change the frequency of the messages you receive, under the “Settings” tab of your account.
· Marketing-related messages. You may opt out from receiving marketing-related messages from ROKO Labs either by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in the message or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not share your Personal Information with our partners for their marketing purposes unless you give us permission.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US