This site sets out the terms and conditions between ROKO Labs and you when you purchase a ticket, register for any event or conference associated with the App Idea Awards, participate in a survey, or apply to compete in The App Idea Awards Competition organized by ROKO Labs, NY Harvard Angels, and General Assembly.
By purchasing a ticket, register for any event or conference associated with the App Idea Awards, participate in a survey, or apply to compete in The App Idea Awards you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions. You should read this document carefully. ROKO Labs reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted to this website. This updated version of terms and conditions for ROKO Labs is applicable from January 1st, 2017.
App Idea Awards Organizer
The App Idea Awards is being organized by ROKO Labs, a wholly-owned company, under the brand names (ROKO Labs, ROKO Mobi). These are the terms and conditions for the App Idea Awards (the Competition).
1. Eligibility: The App Idea Awards (the “Competition”) is open only to those who apply at the appideaawards.com and who are 18 year or older as of the date of entry. The competition is void where prohibited by law. Employees of ROKO Labs (the “Organizer”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Competition. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of ROKO Labs, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Competition Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about January 4th, 2017 and ending April 24th, 2017. All online entries must be received by April 24th, 2017 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Competition must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Competition site, appideaawards.com. The entry must fulfill all Competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of ROKO Labs. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. Any form of plagiarism or the presentation of intentionally unauthentic ideas and solutions will lead to forfeit. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of ROKO Labs.
5.Teams: There is no limit to the size of one team. Your team members full legal names must be written on your application. At least one person from your team must be able to attend The App Idea Awards on Wednesday, June 7th in New York City. If no team member can attend, your team may be deemed ineligible.
6. Prizes: The winners will receive $70,000 USD in product design and development services. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Organizer. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Organizer's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for ROKO Labs to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner selection and notification: A group of select individuals from ROKO Labs, NY Harvard Angels and General Assembly will read over and judge the applications, deciding on the six finalists. All decisions made by this group will be considered final. On the day of the finals event, June 7th, 2017 a panel of judges will watch and score participants will select the winner of the competition. All decisions made by this panel will be considered final.
Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Competition with within five (5) days following the winner selection. ROKO Labs shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT ORGANIZER'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE COMPETITION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that ROKO Labs, anyone acting on behalf of ROKO Labs, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Competition, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
ROKO Labs and everyone involved with the App Idea Awards, will receive no ownership over any registered inventions or products submitted by any applicants, finalists or winners as part of the App Idea Awards.
10. Terms: ROKO Labs reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Competition, and/or of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of ROKO Lab’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter. In such case, ROKO Labs may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by ROKO Labs. ROKO Labs reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
ROKO Labs has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Competition rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, ROKO Labs reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Competition you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from ROKO Labs. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
11. Purchasing Tickets: I hereby give my consent for the mandatory and voluntary data collected from me in the course of purchasing and or registering for tickets sold by ROKO Labs (affiliates and subsidiaries). I further give my permission for my user account details to be stored.
I acknowledge that I may provide ROKO Labs a reasonable timeframe to remove my details at any time that I no longer wish them to be stored. I acknowledge and accept that my data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose. Should you wish your data to be removed you must request ROKO Labs to do so in writing. Requests will be processed within a 30-day period.
Requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Online Surveys: I hereby give my consent for ROKO Labs to store any voluntary information I may provide in the course of participating in an online survey or in the application. I acknowledge and accept that my data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose.
13. Ticket Registration: I hereby give my consent for ROKO Labs to use for the purposes of processing complimentary or otherwise ticket registration the mandatory data and any voluntary data I provide when registering a complimentary admission ticket. I further give my consent for the voluntary data provided. I acknowledge and accept that my data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose.
14. Event Information: I acknowledge that ROKO Labs will not provide transport or travel expenses to or from any event or conference. By entering you agree to release and hold harmless ROKO Labs and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
15. Disputes: THIS COMPETITION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Competition, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
16. Use of Personal Data: ROKO Labs will not sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission. I hereby give my consent ROKO Labs (and subsidiaries) to store the following types of data as a profile for internal purposes:
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when purchasing tickets.
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when registering a complimentary admission ticket as well as the date of the ticket registration.
- Voluntary disclosures when participating in online surveys.
- Voluntary disclosures when submitting the App Idea Awards application.
- If I have opted-in to receive email communication about related events I give consent ROKO Labs or subsidiary companies to analyze and use the data for the purpose of targeted advertising.
- If I have provided my mobile telephone number I consent to ROKO Labs or subsidiary companies to contact me by SMS in relation to events for which I am purchasing a ticket or registering an expression of interest.
- I also give my consent for my data to be updated and supplemented with additional data.
- Accordingly, I give my consent for ROKO Labs(and subsidiaries) to collect data relating to me personally from public domain sources and to store these along with my personal data that are already under the control of ROKO Labs(and subsidiaries). I give my consent for ROKO Labs(and subsidiaries) to analyse this newly collected data together with the data already under their control and to use the same for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with trade fairs and/or exhibitors of interest.
18. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: ROKO Labs 1140 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10001. Requests must be received no later than July 1, 2017.
19. Organizer: The Organizer of the Competition is ROKO Labs, 1140 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10001.